12 April 2009

Velvet and embossed wedding card

One of my cousins is getting married in a couple of weeks, and this is a card I made for her wedding.

In the tradition of most weddings these days, a wishing well is going to be made available at the reception so that contributions to the honeymoon can be made. So, I've included a place for the money envelope inside the card.
The bronze embossing on the righthand side of the front of the card is done with the Cuttlebug 'Texture' folder - so pretty!
Supplies: Velvet paper: Doodlebug Designs. Stamp: Hero Arts.
Ribbon, scallop and circle punches: Stampin' Up!. Rub-ons: American Crafts. Cardstock: Bazzil

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks ornate. I like the texture of the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so absolutely amazing! how'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Belle! Full of texture and contrasty goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing job Belle! It looks so detailed and elegant :) Would you make these commercially?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arwen – I love embossing – makes it look very sumptuous.

    Hi Anon – it took lots of hard work!

    Hi Lin Mei – thanks. The velvet feels lovely to the touch.

    Hi Lorraine – thank you! I’d make them for friends and family, I think (or etsy?). They are sometimes so labour-intensive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails